The St. John’s Creative Arts Series is excited to announce its 2015-2016 season! Artwork is displayed in the Hagan Room at St. John’s and is available for purchase. All are welcome to attend the opening receptions for each artist (suggested donation: $5). The art may be viewed during St. John’s office hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm or by appointment.
- September 6 – October 11: My Journey: Prints by Lois Yamplosky, printmaker (opening reception: Sunday, September 6, 3:00 – 5:00)
- October 18 – November 29: Works by Denise Love McDaid, sculptor
- January 10 – February 7: Works by Reena Brooks, mixed media
- February 14 – April 3: Works by Stephen Sumner Kennedy
- April 10 – May 29: Alchemy Artists’ Collective
- October 4: Jean Barker Memorial Concert featuring Chuck Griffin, Jr., organist
- December 6: Seasonal performance by the St. John’s Chancel Choir
Mission Statement of the Creative Arts Series
As a congregation, we recognize the importance of encouraging the arts in our community. We think of the arts as a humanizing and civilizing force that is badly needed in our world. We think of the arts as a vehicle for the Spirit of God to enter our hearts and minds. We think of the arts as a way for creators to use their God-given gifts for the sake of others. We seek to contribute positively to the quality of life in our community, to enrich the spiritual and aesthetic experiences of those who attend, and to facilitate and encourage creativity among artists and musicians. We hope that our series will bring pleasure to all who participate, while meeting its lofty goals.